Your schedule can sometimes become unpredictable or busier, causing you to omit some important daily activities like going to the gym. But considering how important improving your fitness is, you are probably looking for ways to stay on track. These are 5 creative exercises you can do right now to maintain/improve your fitness.
If you need an exercise that will help you train almost all the muscles in your body without using any equipment while sending your heart rate through the roof at the same time, then you have got to try burpees.
– Stand straight, squat, and place your hands on the floor.
– Jump your feet back landing into a plank position (with your body forming a straight line from head to heel).
– Jump your feet back into a squat position.
– Jump into the air with your hands overhead.
Push-ups are great creative exercises to build the muscles in your shoulders and chest. The good thing with push-ups is that there are a number of variations to suit different fitness levels, but let’s start with the standard version.
– Get into a plank position, with your hands shoulder-width apart, and middle finger pointing towards 12 o’clock.
– Make sure your body is forming a straight line from your head to your heels.
– Get your body towards the floor by bending your elbow about a 45-degree angle to your body.
– Lift your body back to the original plank position and repeat the movement.
A list of creative exercises will not be completed without cardio workouts. Skipping the rope is a great way to burn some calories and get your heart rate up at home. If you love running but don’t feel like going out then skipping the rope is the perfect exercise for you. What’s more, skipping the rope does not only help you burn calories, it also improves your hand/eye coordination, improves bone density, boosts the immune system, etc. It is also a fun workout you will enjoy doing.
4. Forearm plank
The plank is probably the simplest, yet most efficient exercise you can do almost anywhere to build muscles in your core, shoulder, arms, and glutes. All you need is a mat or carpet for your forearms to rest comfortably.
– Place your forearms on the mat/carpet/floor at shoulder width level and with your arms parallel to your body.
– Ground your toes on the floor, squeeze your glutes and make sure your body aligns from your head to your heels.
– Maintain this position as long as you can (it all depends on your fitness level).
If you want to have fun while exercising at the same time, then you should think about hitting the dance floor. Dancing is mostly a full-body workout that will help you burn calories and increase your heart rate in no time. The variations depend on you- from ballet, and salsa dance to hip hop. Besides it being a fun workout, you will also be learning a new skill to impress your friends.
These are 5 creative exercises you can be doing right now to improve your fitness. Which is your favourite?
Be sure to add SIXPAD’s EMS devices to the mix for a more efficient workout. Get in touch with us for more information.